Friday, June 1, 2012

Hosanna!


I think it was my first time at FCA that I heard this song for very first time. The worship band that night was playing it and all of the students were singing.  I saw eyes closed and arms raised toward the Lord, and it was then that I realized this was the first time that the Lord was really pulling on my heart.  The song almost brought me to tears, that had never happened before.

I recently saw this image "Hosanna in the Highest" on pinterest and it was just too perfect.  

Lately I've been praying asking the Lord for many things: strength in times of weakness, patience at times when it seems impossible.  But one thing that I've realized I need to pray for more than all of those things is for the Lord to change my heart.

The lyrics for this song are just amazing, and I think that perhaps this is my prayer to the Lord, 
"Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen.  Show me how to love like You have loved me.  Break my heart for what breaks Yours, everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause.  As I walk from earth into eternity"

It's crazy to think what that actually means "Show me how to love like You have loved me", and how much does he love us? He loves us so much so that he sacrificed his only son... That is unfathomable. What great expectations He has held for us, to be able to love like Him.

I think at times we all should stop and reflect on who we are.  Are we reflecting the image of the Lord in the actions we take each day? In the words that we speak? In the love that we show are neighbors?

This song is just an amazing worship song, it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment