Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book worm

 

I'd like to start off by saying, I'm not your typical book worm.

Usually the only books I dive into are those with obvious crowd approval.  I think i've said this before, and I'll say it again, I'm all about jumping on some bandwagons.

However, I'm taking a little turn and since I'm not taking classes this summer I'm going to use my time wisely.  And by use my time wisely I mean I'll be studying for the PLT, and finding a little more about who I am and what the Lord plans to do through me.

This new adventure has taken on many forms, those being: finding community with an amazing group of girls in Clemson, being obedient to the Lord in reading his word daily, volunteering at NewSpring and most recently reading books like these:




Crazy Love is a book I purchased a long time ago, and it's not that I didn't like it then, I just don't think I was ready for it.  It wasn't until I established a relationship with God that I could even except his insane and crazy love for me.

I've also been recommended the two other books each by separate friends.  

Real Marriage is appropriate because I'm in a rather serious relationship with boy named Alex, whom I've been dating since high school and we're about to enter our senior year of college.  As we get older more and more friends are engaged and married... it seemed like a good time to tackle this one.

Love Does is a book that I'm just so excited to read, I can't do it justice so just look at the description. I think I'm gonna love it.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on these as I read them. Love Does and Real Marriage were ordered via Amazon tonight, so I've got a while before they get here.  I'm no book critic, but I'll do my best!

Know of any other ones that I should take up? I've got all summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment