Monday, April 16, 2012

Mud Run... YOLO


I feel like I should start off by saying, OUCH. The amount of pain that I am in today is pretty amazing.  Yesterday I participated in the Greenville Mud Run with my boyfriend Alex, and our two friends Katie and Nick. It was indeed the dirtiest thing I've ever done, but also the hardest!

I went into this thinking, "how hard can it be?" and it only took one second into the run, where a nice sweet guy in uniform turned into a big, mean, drilling machine that I realized it was going to be pretty darn hard. 

Although I can't lift my arms above my head, and I've got burning scrapes across both legs and arms, it really was fun! I expected a run with a few obstacles here and there. Yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong.  There were walls we had to climb over (or in my case, step on my teammates to get over), rope walls to climb over, gigantic tires to flip, mud pits to swim through. It was legit if I do say so myself.  We had soldiers yelling at us at every obstacle, with the exception of a few who I'm assuming felt bad for us and added some kind words of encouragement. 

I feel like I could sum it up by saying, if we hadn't had two strong guys on our team we would have been struggling. Although Katie and I held our own for sure!  

Greenville Mud Run: before

Greenville Mud Run: after
I'm hoping that the website will be uploading pictures onto their website, soon! And when they do I'll be sure to post them, because I remember a few being snapped that I'm sure will be hilarious.

Also, I'm pretty proud of us, we finished the course in under an hour, and came in 55 out of 310.  That's not so bad, right? I certainly plan on doing it again, except next time i'm training for real!  I encourage you if you like a challenge to give it a shot! You only live once, and yes, that was a YOLO reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment