Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Grind


I can't BELIEVE it's already time to start classes again.  Since I officially only have one day left of break, I felt like it was very fitting to look back on the amazing winter break that I had.

First off, there was Christmas. Who doesn't love Christmas?! The one thing that I was very excited about was Alex's gift! People always say that it is better to give than to receive, and I could not agree more.  Alex has had less than perfect luck as far as cell phones go, so I was a bit skeptical at first.  However, he had been ranting and raving over the new iPhone, and he doesn't get excited about things like that typically, so... being the GREAT girlfriend that I am, I hooked him up. Granted, we had a $50 dollar limit, and although he will certainly tell you I cheated, I didn't! I only... tweaked it a bit.  He acted like he was mad, but let's be honest, who wouldn't want an iPhone?! Only problem I'm now having is how to keep him off of it. And since Alex is a little bit accident-prone (that might be an understatement) we also set him up with a trusty otterbox :)

How could you be mad
at this?

Another eventful thing, that I apologize for not posting about before, was my best-friend Samantha White's TWENTY FIRST BIRTHDAY! All of the birthday festivities took place in Columbia, SC.  We had dinner at Cantina's where I had the most scrumptious chicken taco, EVER. Not to mention, they were voted to have the best Margarita's, and I would have to say that I agree! We then went to a bar called Red hots... I think, where we spent the rest of the night getting free drinks while "some of us" (cough cough.. Sam and Laura) spent their evening pining over the cute bartender.  

Oh yeah, made that sign... HOLLA!

I then celebrated New Years Eve with Alex's roommate Caleb, and my soon-to-be roomie Bethany! We had a wonderful time learning spanish dances, and I must say i'm pretty good at the Salsa.  Moes also catered, so needless to say I ate entirely too much.  At midnight when the ball dropped we all exchanged kisses and drank our champagne, but Caleb's family did something a little different, we had 12 grapes in a little bag, and we had to eat each grape and wish for something to happen in the year 2012.  You wouldn't believe how hard it is to eat 12 grapes when you're already full... whew, it was tough.  But I made 12 wonderful wishes, that I would share with you... but, you know how that goes! If I tell they might not come true.

A great way to start the new year!

Needless to say, I look forward to the new year. I look forward to this semester and hopefully a 4.0 (that's the plan anyways).  I look forward to taking classes that I am actually interested in. I look forward to exploring myself, faith included.  I look forward to making new friends while keeping old ones.  I'm just excited and hopeful to take on 2012 and give it all i've got to enjoy it.  I hope you are as well. Happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment