Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cooking, group effort

If you know me well at all, then you already know I'm not the best cook there is.  Actually, I very rarely cook anything that doesn't involve boiling noodles and adding sauce.  However, Thursday night I had the night off from work and was feeling a little adventurous, so I invited two of my friends over and we decided to take on cooking as a group effort.

That night we made Parmesan crusted chicken, with a side salad of spinach, Roma tomatoes, mozzarella and a balsamic vinaigrette. 

Hunter took over cutting the chicken, he handled the dangerous stuff, with the help of Brooke.

He also loved wearing our adorable cheetah print oven-mitt, it fit him so well.

I took over the salad part, which only required cutting, adding dressing, and tossing-- 
needless to say I was a pro.


We also paired this lovely meal with the "Pick six" at Ingles, where you select your own beers and put them in a six pack.  It was pretty convenient because we all had very eclectic tastes.

We finished the night off with cookies for dessert.

Any good recipes you'd like to share with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment