Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'll be there for you

It's like you're always stuck in second gear, when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year. But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to fall. I'll be there for you, like i've been there before.  I'll be there for you, cause you were there for me to.

Friends: wonderful show, and wonderful blessing the Lord has given us.

Today I received a package from one of my best friends, Valerie Erwin. Here's a little breakdown of what this packaged contained:



  1. A letter.  A sweet and loving letter that reminded me of two things: I miss my best friend, and how talented she is at writing!
  2. Then there were chocolates, Ferrero Rocher's to be exact and if I said I was addicted to these, it would be an understatement.
  3. Essie Nail polish in "Bikini so teeny" a part of the summer collection.
  4. A summer reading list with three books that I can't wait to read, it includes: Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge, The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (haven't seen the movie either!) and I can't believe there's a Jodi Picoult book I haven't read, Change of Heart 
  5. A list of versus worth reading, and I can't wait to dive in.  In the list you'll find Proverbs 31:25, which has been told to me by several people lately... think the Lord is trying to tell me something? Yeah, me too!
  6. And a list of wonderful music I've already started downloading.
All in all this package was amazing, so this is my public thanks for being such a wonderful friend, a trustworthy confidant, and a beautiful person.

But it wasn't just that, it was a wake up call for me.  

I'm not only called to be compassionate and loving to those I want to bring to the Lord's feet, but also to those already there.  We shouldn't get so wrapped up in only pouring out love to strangers and those who are lost, but also to take time to build up our friends, our loved ones, and encourage them in their every day lives.  We're called to be there for them, confide in them, and trust them with our hearts.

So this ones to you, my closest friends, for you are amazing and there is not one day that I don't thank the Lord for you in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment