Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Finals


This week was finals week, a week where it is completely ok to do the following: cry, NOT wear makeup, stress, drink gallons of coffee, wear norts and t-shirts (every single day), sleep in the library. Ask any college student and they'll tell you, college finals are tough.

One thing I've had to realize this semester, which actually came to me in the form of a sermon a few weeks ago is that my grades do not define me.  Perry preached a few weeks ago on how what other people think of us, does not define us.  And I really think that this applies here as well.  When you walk out of a class at the end of the semester knowing that you've done the best that you can, be proud at what you've accomplished.  Unfortunately we're not built to succeed at everything, there is only so much that we can do. So, if you're anything like me and you let grades freak you out, keep you're head up and do the best that you can!

Want to know what helped me through finals week?

  1. Sleep. No all-nighters this semester. I'm proud to say that I got at least 6 hours of sleep every night this week, crazy right? Well, 6 hours with the exception of the 4 hours total I spent conjugating spanish verbs in my sleep last night, but ... that still counts, I guess?
  2. Food.  Yeah, I did this crazy thing and like kept my body nourished, because I guess that's a little important.  Haha all sarcasm aside I really tried brain foods, fruits with natural sugars, whole grains, etc.  Check out a cool list here!
  3. Sometimes you've just got laugh it off.  When I felt like I couldn't study anymore I really just tried to find things to get my mind off of school work.  Right before my exams I watched funny you tube videos, like this one:
  4. and visited funny websites like, #whatshouldwecallme, and #mylifeasmeangirls, check them out! There has to be one that makes you laugh!
  5. Oh! Also, instead of coffee i've moved to the Crystal light energy packets.  You've got to try them, they're amazing.
Well, that's all for now.
Good luck on your finals, and if you're no longer in college... this is one time to be thankful!

2 comments: