Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be My Valentine

Well for one I can't believe it's already February, time seriously flies! Also, with the 14th coming up in less than two weeks I figured it was only appropriate to do a little Valentines day post.  I don't know about everyone else, but I find it extremely difficult to Valentines shop for boys.  When you think about it, they have it pretty easy!  They have a unwritten male checklist that they can follow and therefore there is no way to disappoint.  Flowers, check! Dinner reservation, check! Somewhat thoughtful but not even really necessary gift, check! Now of course, they can go above and beyond, but even if they do the bare minimum, they're on the right track.  Us ladies on the other hand, not that easy.

So, my first gift idea for your significant other (because guys, even your girlfriend would enjoy a homemade desert), thanks to Lauren Conrad I found a very scrumptious looking sweet treat that would make a wonderful Valentines day gift... they do say the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right?  Well i'm absolutely certain that this face is true for Alex, that boy loves to eat. These beautiful creations are Red velvet brownies with a White Chocolate buttercream.
via smells like home
Second, V-day cards a must.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a store bought card that's thoughtful, funny, or anything else really, but for this Valentines day I think it would be cute to make a card, that way its obvious that it took thought, effort, and it was made with love. I found so many great sites via pinterest for valentines day gifts, but one in particular you have to check out is here! They're so precious.


I'm on the prowl for some other great valentines day gifts! Share yours with me, trust me I need some help deciding! I'll make sure I keep you updated if we try these sweets and treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment